By default, the HDS-600RS will periodically check with our update services to see if there is a newer version of software available. This will be done either over-the-air by talking to the satellite or over the internet (see: How do I get new software updates?) if you have connected your box to the internet. Please note that in some circumstances, downloads may only be available for internet or manual download, we would therefore encourage you to periodically check your current version of software against the latest version available on our website.
To check your current version of software, please see: How can I find my current software version? To then manually verify your current version against the latest available software please see here. If you have connected your box to the internet, you can also verify your software version and check for any updates over the internet by visiting: How can I check for software updates?
Note: PCs and Macs may vary slightly according to operating system.
1. Insert a clear memory stick into your computer's USB port. Cancel any dialogue box that may automatically pop-up.
2. Go to: www.myechostar.com/Products/ConnectedDevices/HDS-600RS/Support/Downloads and select the 'product software' link.
3. When the dialogue box opens please select 'save'.
4. When the 'save as' dialogue box opens find and select your USB storage device in the drop down menu.
5. Click 'save' to save the software to your USB storage device. Note: please ensure that you do not save the software to a folder or sub folder.
6. Power-up your HDS-600RS, ensure that it's connected to your TV and select a live video channel.
7. Insert the USB storage device into either the front or rear USB port on the HDS-600RS.
8. A pop-up message will appear on your TV screen confirming that a software update has been found. Press 'OK' to install the update.
9. The update process can take up to 3 minutes. Do not disconnect the HDS-600RS or do not press any buttons while the upgrade is in process. Your TV will show the download steps and once completed switch back to live video.
10. When the download is completed you can verify that the new software is installed by the following steps:
- Select 'main menu', 'settings', 'Technical Info' and 'Version info'.
- Remove the USB memory stick and enjoy the new software features.
Please note! If you have problems updating using memory stick, please ensure that the memory stick is a FAT32 (preferred) or FAT formatted, there are no other files or folder on the memory stick, and that the software update file is placed in the root (no folders) of the memory stick.